Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lamb Sliders

So far in the Bay Area it has rained 21 out of 28 days... it's so nice that it's finally warmed up this week. I spent Sunday with my Mom and daughter at the San Francisco Flower and Garden Show, what a delight! My husband is always a little concerned after my visits to this incredible show over what the “new” landscaping project will be for the summer. I’m thinking about a chicken coop with a sedum covered roof….nothing too fancy of course, I miss having really fresh eggs and I think it will be great for my kids to learn how to handle chickens. I keep you posted on this wish/project…

As promised from my previous blog I’ve written up the recipe for our Lamb Sliders. I cheat a little and add a little ground pork to the lamb mixture for a little more flavor. As with the other lamb dish, asparagus is a great side grilled or blanched and chilled, served with a cucumber yogurt dipping sauce. Or try slicing a whole onion and simmer with balsamic vinegar until soft and spoon the onions over the lamb burger and top with a bun. This is a great tailgate recipe and since we’re getting down to the finals for the NCAA’s and you need to have the guys over, this recipe will be a hit!

Lamb Sliders (serves four)
1 lb of ground lamb
½ lb of ground pork
Fresh flat leave parsley chopped 4 tbls
2 large or 4 cloves of garlic minced
8 slider buns -if you can’t find miniature buns dinner rolls work in a pinch
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix the lamb pork and shallots, parsley salt and pepper in a large bowl and set aside. Heat your barbecue or grill pan so that it is nice and hot.  Form small patties of the lamb mixture so that everyone will have two burgers each. Brush the barbecue or the griddle pan with oil to prevent sticking Brush the sliced buns with butter and lightly toast on a barbecue or griddle then set aside. Cook the burgers for approx 4 minutes on each side for medium well. Garnish with your favorite topping or try a little yogurt with cucumber or the caramelized balsamic onions I mentioned earlier.


0 comments:

Post a Comment